Acer brought it’s A-game to CES, by which we mean the “world’s thinnest Ultrabook.” The 13.3-inch Acer Aspire S5 just launched and we got our mitts all-over its super-svelte magnesium and aluminum exterior. We’ve got some photos in the gallery below, with more to come — people are literally elbowing each other in the gut to get shots of this thing.
||Intel Core i5 2467M
||Intel HD 3000
||Windows 7 Home Premium
||13.3″ 1366 X 768
||–gm / — oz.
|Size (w/h/d mm)
|Size (w/h/d inches)
- Acer Aspire S3 – entry-level Ultrabook well under $800February 1, 2012
For only $748 the 13.3in Acer Aspire S3-951-2364G34iss is one of the best Ultrabook bargains we’ve come across. The low-voltage 2nd Gen Intel Core i3 and mechanical hard disk drive (together with a caching solid state drive) do peg the Aspire S3 as entry-level, but higher-end Ultrabooks start at about $1,100, so this is a very affordable way of getting yourself one of these much lauded superthin and light laptops.
- Ultrabook Head to Head: Acer Aspire S3 vs. ASUS UX31EDecember 26, 2011
When Intel initially put out the idea of the ultrabook as a new type of laptop, I admit harboring plenty of skepticism—isn’t the ultrabook just a gussied up rebranding of an ultraportable?
- Acer Aspire S3 ultrabook review December 21, 2011
Acer Aspire S3 Video. Nice quick review
- Thinnest laptop? Acer Aspire S3 new ultrabookDecember 21, 2011
Which is the world’s thinnest laptop?The Apple Macbook Air, Asus Zenbook, Toshiba ultrabook all fighting for the crown already, the newest contender from Acer is the Aspire S3.
- Toshiba Portege Z830, Lenovo Ideapad U300S best ultrabookDecember 11, 2011
Toshiba Portege Z830, Lenovo Ideapad U300S best ultrabook. Other important ultrabooks include HP Folio (DM3), Acer Aspire S3, ASUS UX21
- Acer S3 review: The Ultrabook is here, and it impresses on almost every levelDecember 7, 2011
The Ultrabook has landed and it delivers on the promise of ultra-thin and light computing for a reasonable price.
- Acer expects ultrabook price cuts in Q2 2012December 1, 2011
Acer, one of the top few manufacturer of PCs, expects Ultrabook prices to take a big dip downwards in the second quarter of 2012. Prices provided by Taiwanese IT news portal Digitimes are listed in US dollars.
- Acer Sees Ultrabook Shipments on Track for Q4, With Price Drop in 2013November 30, 2011
Acer expects to meet its target of shipping 250,000 to 300,000 ultrabooks in the fourth quarter, it said Wednesday, after struggling with declining PC sales this past year.
- Acer, ASUS may have 1080p ultrabook LCDs to head off iPad 3November 27, 2011
Acer and ASUS are reportedly developing very high density displays to try to head off the iPad 3′s 2048×1536 display, a new rumor claimed Wednesday. AU Optronics and Chi Mei Innolux were said by Digitimes’ industry contacts to be working on 1920×1280 (incorrectly marked as 1928) LCDs that would go into new ultrabooks as soon as January or February.